Friday, August 17, 2007

What I did on My Vacation

- I was on parental leave with Otto, the whizz kid
- I went to Portugal to work with IB Expo at the Gouveia Art Rock Festival, to visit my dear friends Luis, Catia, Fred and Inez with my loved ones Annika & Otto. I also happened to hear Robert Fripp, California Guitar Trio, Magma and Christian Saggese's moving solo recital in the church of Gouveia (now called the church of Saggese). I also monitored the round table discussion on composition vs. improvisation
- I turned 40
- I had a garden party for my 40th birthday
- I booked interesting acts - and some not so interesting - for the Jazz i Malmø autumn season. Favourites are Chris Potter, Bob Brozman, Zawinul Syndicate and Sonore.
- I heard Jan Garbarek in Malmø, a booking I initiated
- I have met and heard one of my all time heroes at my own venue: Allan Holdsworth at Jeriko. A packed house loved what they heard. A very special day for me.
- I worked hard with the Bologna process, which is supposed to start on September 1 at Lund University. A long, hard and boring road.
- I attended the final performance of the sold out Panta Rei performance at Halmstad's 700 anniversary
- I booked acts for IB Expo 07: Christian, Luca, IB, Pamelia Kurstin and Mike Keneally. A great line up!
- I have started recording guitar overdubs for Fred Lessing's forthcoming album.
- I have worked hard in our garden

Now I am back in action and hope to blog more frequently. Sorry for the lazy behaviour.

* * *
What I did on My Vacation is a compilation album by the brilliant band Gillan, formed by Deep Purple vocalist Ian Gillan in the late 70's. Perhaps my favourite Purple offspring. I've got the album on vinyl, I'm not sure if it's available on CD or download. Get some of the original albums instead: The Gillan Album, Mr. Universe and Glory Road. Excellent stuff!

* * *
NP: an artificial waterfall at Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania in Oslo. Makes you desperate for the bathroom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back mr. Olsson daddy!!!
We missed your blogging!!!! ;-))
Luis and Catia